Getting Started: Install Microsoft Office Applications on your Windows 10 Desktop
Microsoft Office is a productivity suite of programs, including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher. If you have been using Windows 7 or 8 for your office needs and just jumped to the new Windows 10 operating system, you might want to install Microsoft Office on your PC. Here's how:
1. Go to the Microsoft website and click "Download."
2. Enter your e-mail and click "Create Account" to create a new Microsoft account if you don't have one, or simply sign in with an existing account.
3. Click the drop down arrow next to "I want this version for:" and choose the correct operating system of your computer.
4. Click "Continue" to continue.
5. Click "Download." You will now be prompted to choose whether you want to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office for your Windows 10 PC, depending on if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.
Depending on how big the file is, the download will be quick or may take a while. Once the file has finished downloading:
6. Click "Run" to install Microsoft Office on your machine.
7. Enter your product key and click "Continue." This digital code can be found on an insert in the packaging of your Windows 10 operating system or under "Microsoft account" when you're signed in.
8. In the activation window, click "Continue."
9. Click "I accept the license terms" to agree to the software agreement, and then click "Next." You may be prompted to enter your Microsoft account information in certain programs within the Microsoft Office suite if you are not signed in already.
10. Select the file saving location on your computer, then click "Install." This will begin installing Microsoft Office on Windows 10. You will see a progress bar showing that each program is being installed and updated to the newest version of Microsoft Office.
Once installation is complete:
11. Click "Finish" to complete installation of Microsoft Office on your device.
-Select "Restart Now" if prompted to restart Windows 10, or click "Later" and restart once you've finished installing Office.
12. Click "Close" when the setup process is completed. If the icon for one of the programs within the suite does not appear on your desktop, simply go to your start menu and click on the icon there.
Now that you've installed Microsoft Office, check out the other tutorials in this section for tips and tricks on how to use it! You can also learn more by visiting http://office.microsoft.com .